Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Remote worker solution suggestions....

I have a need to set up some remote users with IP telephony.... they're going to be connected via ADSL, over an ISP network owned by ourselves...

Basically, my idea so far is to get hold of an 827-4v and an 827H, with the 4v ad the client end. We'd connect a standard analog phone to the 4v running H323 and a VPN between the two routers, and set up dial-peers pointing to our CallManagers as usual for a h323 gateway...

Anyone see any problems with this? Or any suggestions/recommendations?

The other matter is codec choice... ideally we need to use g.729, however we need something to do the transcoding - can the 827 do this? or do we need to set this up on our CallManagers or get another device?

The 827H at our main site would be just while we test this solution, if a meatier product is requred we can swap this out later....

Aaron Harrison

1 REPLY

Re: Remote worker solution suggestions....

I use a pix 501 with easyvpn setup which establishes a connection to our vpn concentrator, but I believe it will vpn into a win2k vpn service. I then either use a softphone or a hardphone depending on the type of worker.

I find there to be a little bit of echo with g>711, so I sometimes will use G.729 if a user complains about the echo.

I guess any device that would establish a vpn connection would do, so a 400 dollar pix might not be necessary for me to use.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content