cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remotely gather MCS (HP) Server serial number?

Erik Peterson
Level 4
Level 4

I have several remote MCS servers (HP boxes) I need to get the serial number from, anyone know if the HP Survey Utility is there somewhere, or another way to retrieve the serial?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

On all Cisco MCS images except for the Unity image, the HP diagnostics and configuration record utilities should be preinstalled. On reasonably recent versions, they're accessible right from the Start menu. Go to the Start menu, to HP Information Center, then to Diagnostics for Windows to start the diagnostics utility. In the utility, go to the Categories menu, to Asset Control, and at the bottom of the screen select the 'More' option. This will show the system serial number.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

agopala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I do not think this is possible

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

On all Cisco MCS images except for the Unity image, the HP diagnostics and configuration record utilities should be preinstalled. On reasonably recent versions, they're accessible right from the Start menu. Go to the Start menu, to HP Information Center, then to Diagnostics for Windows to start the diagnostics utility. In the utility, go to the Categories menu, to Asset Control, and at the bottom of the screen select the 'More' option. This will show the system serial number.

This is very useful information!. Thank you very much..

You should be able to use WinMSd to the remote machine. For instance, if you have admin rights to the remote machine, simply do this

start

run

winmsd

(it will run your own computer that your on)

Select Tools, remote computer.

This will then gather the information about the machine. Sometimes, depending on the information in BIOS through WINMSD, you can pull this off the system board.

Check the Winmsd /? for more information. (msinfo32.exe also)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: