Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Remove 2.4.6 Server from the site....

I have a new 4.02 server running in the site housing all the mailboxes now. I need to decommission the 2.4.6 server. I know how to remove its presence from Exchange, but do I need to do anything to remove its presence from Unity. Just to fill you in, this 2.4.6 server was a demo box that was doing UM, but we are taking it out now that 4.02 is in place so there is no Unity "network" going on here. Any help would be great, I want to try to leave Exchange clean when we get rid of this. This is Exchange 5.5 and NT 4.0 domain.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Remove 2.4.6 Server from the site....

Check out the uninstall tool for 2.x here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_UninstallUnity.htm

It's a little dusty but it works reasonably well - it'll remove the properties from users in the directory as well as removing most objects added to the directory - for shared items such as distribution lists and the like you may have to delete them yourself when it's done.

My only concern is that since the 4.02 server is in place and all the subscribers have been deleted from the 2.4.6 and all have had properties removed and reimported to the 4.02 server, will this tool remove anything from the directory that the 4.02 needs?

The goal is that I want to remove this 2.4.6 server and keep everything that is on the live 4.02 server in tact.

Cisco Employee

No, it wont kill anything not directly related to the local 2.4 installation - but if you're worried about it you can manually remove everything from the directory on your own - there's instructions for most of that in the help file for the uninstall tool itself. If you've already removed the properties from users all you really need to do is get rid of the the objects under the Unity folder other than the location objects - all the other items under there are not used in 3.x and later and can be deleted. That's the only other things in the Exchange directory that 2.x sticks in ther other than user properties and distribution lists.

Views
Helpful
Replies