Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Remove and add a new phone in Call Manager

I want to remove a phone and after add a new one in my call manager.

The phone that I want to add is a phone with 2 phone lines and each line and its extension with 3 phones who use this extensions.

Can anybody give me some instructions to do that?.

Thank you, Carlos.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Remove and add a new phone in Call Manager

First create a Phone Button template (copy and modify the original for example 7940 name it 2Line7940) where you can specify how many buttons will be lines. Then, you don't even have to delete the phone unless you want to, all you need to do is apply that template the device and you will notice second line appear, which now you can assign a DN. Reference CallManager Admministrative Guide for details, simply search for it on cisco.com.

Chris

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

First create a Phone Button template (copy and modify the original for example 7940 name it 2Line7940) where you can specify how many buttons will be lines. Then, you don't even have to delete the phone unless you want to, all you need to do is apply that template the device and you will notice second line appear, which now you can assign a DN. Reference CallManager Admministrative Guide for details, simply search for it on cisco.com.

Chris

Thank you very much but I discovered a more easy way to do that. You can do it only writing the new MAC address in the phone and then replace it.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content