cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove Ringer

balukr
Level 2
Level 2

We have a customer they had all ringers when we implemented IP Phones.Now they want to remove all the ringers except the default Chirp1 and Chirp2.

I already edit both the xml file for ringers and reset TFTP server the ringers disappeared from the phone but still the old rings which is already set before this are not going away from the phone.

What is the best way to reset all this ringers so it will play only those 2 default ring types in other words almost like an Factory reset for this phones. I reset the phone and even tried an firmware upgrade that didn't help.

All phones are 7961 and 7940 phones.

We have about 400 phones we need to reset gracefully .

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bala

6 Replies 6

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

By default the ringtype option has 25 default ring and 7 line ring type options, but as

you know you can edit the ring files, the one for the default rings is the RingList.xml

and the one for the Line is the DistinctiveRingList.xml both files are in C:\Program

Files\Cisco\TFTPPath make sure that you don't have the ring tones on those lists, then

restart the TFTP service

I already reset the phones & TFTP server couple of times.

My issue is not to remove the ringers from ringlist xml files it was easy .All the phones which already dowloaded the ringers is not changing even though it is not available in TFTP/Cm server.

Reset the phones to their factory defaults, then plug it back to download the current file where you do not have the rings.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a00800941bb.shtml

Thanks for your reply.

This URL shows only for 7940/60 how would you do that for 7961?

You should be able to find the Erase Configuration option in the 7961, I just don't quiet remember if is on the same number menu...

No. there is no option to erase the config on 7961 phones.Even if it is there we cannot do that on 400 phones manually.That is why I'm trying to do that gracefully without touching the phone physicaly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: