Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Renaming server

What's all involved in renaming a Unity server? I realize I need to reinstall Exchange/Unity. Should I uninstall Unity, then Exchange. Then rename the box and reinstall?<br><br>Also, what is the proper uninstall method for Unity?<br><br>Thanks<br><br>(frustrated because of poor planning)<br>Brent<br><br>

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Renaming server

Yeah, you're going to have to kill the box and start over. If it's a POV system (i.e. we're the only Exchange server in town) you can just reformat the hard drive and start over.

If, on the other hand, it's a UM install and you've got subscribers in the directory home on other servers in the Exchange site, you need to remove the Unity properties from that user and all the custom Unity objects from the Exchange directory before reinstalling since they will be "Tagged" as subscribers already and we wont let you make them subscribers again (i.e. we think they're subscribers associated with another Unity server in the same site).

You can do this "manually" but you'll need to use DOHPropKiller which requires a password to get at. As chance would have it, the crack staff at AnswerMonkey.net have a tool we've been testing this week that automatically removes all Unity related stuff from your system in one shot (files, directory data, greetings, services, registry stuff etc...). It only works properly on Win2K systems right now... if this is Win2K I'd be more than happy to shoot a copy of it to you (it's about 800k). Head out to AnswerMonkey.net at the link below and email me there since our corporate email is off line today and I can get in touch with you that way.

If you're running NT, I'll forward you the password for DohPropKiller for the day and you can go the manual route.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Re: Renaming server

I was afraid of that! :/

Views
Helpful
Replies