Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Renaming the Call Manager computer name

Has anyone renamed the computer name on their W2K servers running Call Manger 3.2? I've been asked to rename both of my boxes and I wanted to know if anyone has performed this before. If so were problems experienced? or not? I know there are parameters in Call Mgr. that must be updated with the new computer name. If anyone has any input that would be great. Thanks.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Renaming the Call Manager computer name

You cannot rename the CallManager computer name, as this is something used by SQL, and is a restriction with SQL.

You can change the IP address though, and have to make sure that you change it in all required places as well.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094601.shtml

Re: Renaming the Call Manager computer name

It can be done, but you have to fix SQL manually. This is a lot of work and you have to Know!!!!! SQL. Just start from scratch. That's faster and you are sure everything works when your done.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.