Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Reorder tone at end of voice mail msg.

Hi I have a Unity intergrated to an NEAX 2400IMS PBX W/ Unified msg.

When some msgs.(not all) are retrieved,there is reorder tone heard at the end

of the msg.Does not happen all the time,nor to all users that we can tell.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Unity: 3.1(5.0)

Exchange 2000 build 0

SQL Ver.2000-8.00.679

2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Reorder tone at end of voice mail msg.

This doc might provide you with some assistance on trimming the tones out:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/unity_tone_definition_5214.html

Thanks,

Keith

Cisco Employee

Re: Reorder tone at end of voice mail msg.

The trimming may help, but what you'll want to do first before setting trimming up, is to find out exactly what is the NEC sending for a disconnect signal. The 2000 can send a loop-drop. However, if the phone that has been disconnected on doesn't immediately hang upon receiving the loop drop, the PBX starts to send reorder. I just checked this out on a 2000 in the lab, and that's exactly what will happen.

My concern with setting trimming up is that if the reorder you hear is the reorder that comes after the loop drop, we'll have Unity trimming unnecessarily. By that, I mean that it might be trimming back into a message. With disconnect tone trimming, it's either always on or always off; Unity doesn't get to decide on a call per call basis.

When the reorder is heard, how much of it is heard. Is it on calls that originated internally or externally?

To find out if reorder tone only, or loop drop is being sent for a disconnect, you can try opening the statusmonitor.exe and calling a port. Hang up on that port and see how fast it takes for the port to clear. One second? Four seconds?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content