Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Repairing 79xx phones

Does anyone know if there are repair services available for the 79xx phones?

Other than buying Smartnet coverage.

Thanks,

Tom.

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Repairing 79xx phones

There may be 3rd party repairers, but what guarantees will you get ? Smartnet gives you a factory replacement (in 4 hours if you get the top level of support).

Re: Repairing 79xx phones

Yep, we do use Smartnet for all our Cisco Equipment, but the phones rarely have problems. The cost of buying a new phone equals about 18 Smartnet licenses. We only have 500 phones, so that is about equivalent to buying 27 new phones each year for the price of 500 Smartnet licenses. In the last 18 months we have had only a few failures (less than 5 phones). So, if I could get the phones repaired, then all the better, providing it doesn't cost more than a new phone :-) I think the phones are repairable. I have a few with network port problems and a few with ringer problems. I keep a small supply of phones that I use for replacements, so I only need the 8x5xNBD, but that still is $26 x 500 = $13,000.00 per year, which buys 27 new 7960G phones at our discount rates each year.

Thanks for the reply,

Tom.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content