Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Replacing Hard drive of CCM

I have a DL 380 server running CCM 4.0(2a). One of the hard disk (slot 0, port 2, bay 1) was showing in "Predictive failure". HP support is going to replace the same. Right now the hard disk is showing "Failed" state (code 3)

Eventhough this activity seems pretty straight forward, I just want to know if there are any precautions I should take before actually replacing the drive. A bit worried as this will be done during production hours

Best Regards,

Anand P. Diwakar

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Re: Replacing Hard drive of CCM

Anand:

I have replaced RAID drives on the fly (hot swap) in the lab but would try to take a small mtce window if at all possible. Be sure to have a good BARS backup for piece of mind.

The mirror will take anywhere from 30 mins to 2 hrs to rebuild. You can monitor progress through the RAID configuration utility.

Tom

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Anand:

I have replaced RAID drives on the fly (hot swap) in the lab but would try to take a small mtce window if at all possible. Be sure to have a good BARS backup for piece of mind.

The mirror will take anywhere from 30 mins to 2 hrs to rebuild. You can monitor progress through the RAID configuration utility.

Tom

Hie Tom it worked precfectly w/o any issues

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies