Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing our Exchange Server that Unity Points to

We are running CCM 3.02d and Unity Enterprise 2.4.0.120. We are planning on replacing our Exchange 5.5 server to a bigger/better server. All of our email/voice/fax messages are on this server. What do you suggest is the best way to go about replacing this server with the least impacts/administrative headaches?<br>Thanks,<br><br>Vince Cornett<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Replacing our Exchange Server that Unity Points to

Well... if it were me and I already had my hands on the bigger-better server I would probably install that server into the site, take Unity down, move all users from the smaller-lamer server to the bigger-better server, bring Unity back up and remove the smaller server entirely. Of course this would mean using a different server name and the like, but I wouldn't imagine that's such a big deal.

when Unity comes back up after you've moved everything it should be redirected to log into their new mailbox locations by the directory as normal. Shouldn't have to do anything on our box.

I'd think this method would be the safest bet...

You could also just do a tape backup of everything and restore it onto the new server after you removed it, but that's probably more work and has somewhat more risk (i.e. you set that tape on the cool magnetic coffee table you have in your server room or something).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content