Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing the Directory Handler greeting...how to??

Hello

I am interested in replacing the Directory Handler greeting to ask for only 3 characters of the last name, not first and last. How would I go about doing this? I've been to answermonkey.net and found a reference to how this can be done, but I could not find any way to listen to the replacement Ulaw, or G.729 files before I implement them. Also, I could not find the proper files to replace. Please help with playing of these encoded files as well as the proper location of the .wav files in question. Thanks

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Replacing the Directory Handler greeting...how to??

on the page where you download those prompt it includes this:

=================

The prompt in question can be found under \Commserver\Localize\Prompts\ENU\AddrSearch\AVAddrSearchENU005.wav and AVAddrSearchENU006.wav. These are the "first then last" and "last then first" versions of the spelling prompt for the address search.

=================

Those are the two files you need to replace. Let me know if that's not clear.

I don't understand what you mean when you say you can't play them... uLaw is the most common codec in the world and will play on virtually any system, including MAC and all Windows derivative - when you say you couldn't find a way to listen to the file what, exactly, do you mean?

Re: Replacing the Directory Handler greeting...how to??

Sorry, I had a problem with my reading skills, I was replacing the wrong file. Also, I could not play the Ulaw wav files becasue I had a terminal session open with my Unity server and was trying to play them over that. Thanks very much.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content