Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

REPLY TO VOICEMAIL NOT WORKING

The Unity is setup to work with Cisco Call Manager and NEAX 2400, everything is working fine except that when a Subscriber off of CCM leaves a message for a Subscriber on NEAX or vice-versa, the Receipient is not able to reply to the message using the option 4 that unity provides.

The reply works fine if the sender and recepent are both on the CCM or are both on the NEAX.

Is this feaure not supported ? or is there anything I need to do to get this working.

Any help is appreciated

4 REPLIES

Re: REPLY TO VOICEMAIL NOT WORKING

I am almost certain that optopn 4 can only be used in conjunction with other subscribers. Any one else wanna chume in?

Bronze

That is correct, and considering from Unity's point of view, both the NEAX 2400 PBX and CCM users are subscribers.

Cisco Employee

The thing to look at here is what the calling number is that's coming through to Unity on these cross-switch calls - I'm pretty sure you'll find that's the source of the problem.

Unity looks up the calling number among all extensions for all subscribers to determine if the call is from another subscriber - if it is then the message will be left as a sub to sub message (unless you turn that option off explicitly in the registry - since you are working for same-switch calls that's obviously not the case).

Pop open the Call Viewer application (you'll find it in Tools Depot on your desktop) and do a couple test calls - if you do this from and NEc to NEC phone that forwards in or an IP phone to IP phone that forwards in I'm guessing the calling number will be accurately reported and we do the right thing. What shows up on a cross-switch transfer like that? I'm betting a dollar that you'll see the calling number is not one that corresponds to a subscriber and it's being left as an outside (unidentified) caller message which can't be replied to.

Bronze

Thanks for the reply. I am not at the site currently, I'll surely check this when I am there. And if what you told is happening, what do you suggest I need to do to correct this?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content