cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reporting and Report tools for CCM

DMobley1022
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone point me in the right direction or give me some suggestions on reporting in CCM. To be a little more specific; for example if a few users complain they are tryin to make outbound calls, and getting a busy signal, is there any reporting tool that I can use to pinpoint the problem or eventually be able to say, hey we need another phone line, etc...

Also. User calls can complains that the calls they are making lack in quality, how do I report on this or research?

2 Replies 2

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

In order to determine if there are any records in the Structured Query Language (SQL) database, complete these steps:

Choose Start > Programs > SQL > Enterprise Manager > Microsoft SQL Servers > SQL Server Group.

Choose Publisher Server > Databases.

Choose CDR > Tables. Right-click the CallDetailRecord table.

Choose Open Table > Return All Rows. Determine if there are any records.

If many records appear, complete this procedure to remove records from ART:

Choose Programs > SQL Server > Query Analyzer. Log in and choose ART database.

Run these queries:

delete from Tbl_Load_History

delete from Tbl_Dump_PkID

delete from Tbl_Error_Id_Map

delete from Tbl_Billing_Data

delete from Tbl_Billing_Error

delete from Tbl_Dump_CallDetailRecord

delete from Tbl_Dump_CallDetailRecordDiagnostic

This forces ART to get all the old CDRs into ART in the next scheduled loading time. By default, CDR data is loaded every day from midnight to 5 a.m.

Restart the CDR Insert and DBL Monitor Services from CCM Administration > Application >Cisco CCM Serviceability >Tools > Control Center.

Refer to the How can I manually purge the ART database? section of CallManager Issue Resolution with CDR and ART FAQ for more information.

Note: Information deletes from the ART database but not from the CDR.

Note: If you do not see any records, there are no CDR entries for that time and date range. Determine if conditions are met for CDR generation. CDR records are generated in these circumstances:

The service parameters CdrEnabled and CallDiagnosticsEnabled are set to True.

The call is established and has a talk duration greater than 0.

The call fails and has a cause code that reflects the error.

In order to set the service parameters, choose Service > Service Parameters, and make sure that the service parameters CdrEnabled and CallDiagnosticsEnabled are set to True in all of the Cisco CallManager servers, both publisher and subscriber.

tinasmith510
Level 1
Level 1

You can try Variphy to report on all inbound and outbound calls within seconds to quickly identify the problem. Also, you can test voice quality parameters such as MOS, Jitter, Latency. You can request a free eval on their website : )

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: