cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

reports failing

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Jeff<br>I have a problem where when you log on to the Unity Server. when you run a report ( to display as a web page) it says report successfully queued. when you browse to the reports directory the only 2 files that appear there are PUMP1CF13B etc etc.txt and another file default.mdb. but no webpage appears. If you open the txt file it is the info we want but in a text file.what do you think is the problem?this is a unity 2.4.6 build 102<br><br>

9 Replies 9

Not applicable

which report(s) does it do this on? All of them? Sean is running down some problems with a couple reports that are bombing out trying to get at stuff via the MIU (the guy that talks to the TSP/WAV drivers and such). If it's the port activity report, for instance, this is known and we should have a fix out soon.

It sounds like the "crunch" is failing... the report goes throug:

1. Pump. It pulls all the data from various logs, files or the DOH (directory) and dumps it into a big text file (this is what you're seeing there).

2. Crunch. It parses the text file and crunches the data into an MDB file. The most likely reason it fails here is because some column in the file is missing or has data it can't handle.

3. Output. It converts the MDB file into a web page or a CSV file depending on what you selected using the Crystal Reports engine.

Since you see the "default.mdb" file in there it sounds like the pump has finished and it started the crunch (it renames the database file after it's done... it didn't get that far). Any errors in the application event log around this time by any chance? The reports engine isn't as good about this as other components, but perhaps we'll luck out.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

hi jeff i ran a report and a couple of errors turned up in the NT application log.do u have any idea on what might be causing this?
1.Source:AvRepMgr_MC
Category:REPMGR
Type:Error
Event ID: 20004
User: N/A
Computer: PSEX03
Description: REPMGR RUNMODULE ERROR REPORTID 1 MODULE PREPROCESS HRRESULT 0x80004005

2.Source:AvCs_MC
Category :None
Type:Warning
Event ID:101
Computer:PSEX03
Description:
Assertion Failed:nlndex
3.Source:AvRepMgr
Category:REPMGR
Type :Error
Event ID 20004
Computer : PSEX03
Description:
REPMGR RUNMODULE ERROR REPORTID 2 MODULE PUMP68 HRESULT 0x80004005

Try deleting the default.mdb file and trying again.
Is this a multilingual system?

Not applicable

i have tried deleting everything in the reports directory and then trying it again but it still doesn't work.is that what you are meaning>?
this is not a multilingual system.

Not applicable

hi .
all reports are failing on the unity Server. i will log a case with the CISCO TAC if you prefer

Not applicable

hi any more thoughts on this problem? or anything i could try?

Clean out everything from the reports directory. Then try again and see if the Pump file is created.
You did not tell us as to which report if failing, or is it all the reports?
Have you contacted the Cisco TAC about this issue?

Not applicable

i have tried cleaning out everything in the reports directory. still no luck. the pump file is created. all reports are failing, i have not contaced Cisco TAC. should i contact them? can i log a call via e-mail with them?

This probably needs a TAC person to look in. You should be able to create a TAC case via e-mail.
Out of curiosity, which report was failing?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: