cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reports

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hope you can help.<br><br>Unity 3.1 with TSP 6.0.1 Exchange 2000 (Voicemail only +LAN Admin)<br><br>All reports are failing. I am logged on as the Installer account to run them.<br>The following error appears in Event Log:<br><br>REPMGR RUNMODULE ERROR REPORTID 1 MODULE PREPROCESS HRESULT 0x80004005 <br><br>Many Thanks.<br><br>

7 Replies 7

Anil Verma
Level 5
Level 5

Can you verify that the reports directory is shared under your Commserver directory?
How many languages on the system?

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

Not applicable

Yes the Reports folder is shared and I am running one language (English UK) only.

The problem could be the language that you are executing the reports in. Check the language of the IE browser you are running in. It needs to match a loaded language on the Unity box. Make sure your SA is running in UK english (ENG is the code) and then execute the report.

If that is all OK, you will need to take some diagnostics for us. Turn on all the diagnostics that have reports as a prefix. Run one report. Collect the diag data and let us know. Do you have a TAC case open on this one?

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

Not applicable

Thanks for your help so far. I have checked the Browser and in the Internet options language preference settings it says English GB as the prefered language but also says that Menus and dialog boxes are currently displayed in English US. There does not seem to be an option to change this.
I have taken traces and will email them to you.

Regards,

Lolu

I looked through the logs that you sent. There is one error in there -
11:42:13:329,AvRepMgr_MC,42,-1,-1,ReportPreprocess,10,000004,PREPROCESSPER,TABLE DEFINE FAILED HR 80040304 MSGSRC AvRepMgr_MC MSGID 30003

It looks like we are unable to create the temporary table that is required to generate the report. We need to investigate why this happened. First step will be to check if the DSN's are created right. Can you try this ? -
1) Open the Administrative tools from the control panel.
2) Open the Data Sources(ODBC)
3) Go to the System DSN tab. Check to see if SQL-Report DSN is defined. It should say SQL Server in the Driver column.
4) Select the SQL-Report DSN and click configure.
5) Click Next through the whole process and hit finish.
6) You will come to a screen where there is a lot of information, collect that and post it on the forum.
7) On this screen, press the Test Data Source and see if completes successfully. If not, then we have connection problems to the database. You will need to figure out what was changed after the default install for this to happen.

If all the DSN testing goes OK, then open up the ReportsDB in the SQL Enterprise Manager. Try and create a new table in the database. If you cannot, then you need permissions granted to add new tables in there.

If both the tests pass, then we will need to dig in furthur to see what is going wrong.

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

Not applicable

DSN testing went OK I can also create a new table in the ReportsDB. DSN Results below:

Microsoft SQL Server ODBC Driver Version 03.80.0380

Data Source Name: SQL-REPORT
Data Source Description: REPORT SQL SERVER
Server: (local)
Database: ReportDb
Language: (Default)
Translate Character Data: Yes
Log Long Running Queries: No
Log Driver Statistics: No
Use Integrated Security: Yes
Use Regional Settings: No
Prepared Statements Option: Drop temporary procedures on disconnect
Use Failover Server: No
Use ANSI Quoted Identifiers: Yes
Use ANSI Null, Paddings and Warnings: Yes
Data Encryption: No

Microsoft SQL Server ODBC Driver Version 03.80.0380

Running connectivity tests...

Attempting connection
Connection established
Verifying option settings
Disconnecting from server

TESTS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY!

Regards,

Lolu

Great. All setting seem to be OK. We will have to dig in a little bit more deeper. Lets try and turn on the SQL traces.

To do this, open up the control panel, admin tools, ODBC again. Select the SQL-Report under system DSN. Click on the Tracing tab. Give the path to a place where you can have a SQL log. Start the tracing.
Now run a report from the SA. Let the report go through the point where it is failing. Then go back and stop the tracing.
You can have a look through the SQL log file to see if there are any errors while creating tables, and also send me the file along with the information of which report you were trying to run.
You can e-mail me the file at anilve@cisco.com. Please zip it up.

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: