Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Restart Tool

We downloaded the Unity Restart tool and the WinAt tool for Unity 2.46.135 and we are now not sure how to actually set up the command to execute the restart command on a scheduled basis. Is there any documentation (i.e. examples of how to invoke the restart tool)??? Please let me know ASAP. Thanks!<br><br>

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Restart Tool

For that older RestartTool, all that's needed is to call the RestartTool.exe, no command line opitions are needed. The WinAT app can be used to setup your schedule and assign an account to run under and all that good stuff.

If you're running Win2K you can use the updated tool off the 3.x tools page (it's not Unity version specific, it just requires Win2K). this is updated, has some more options and has a built in interface to the Windows scheduler. The help file for this one walks you through the details of how to configure scheduled restarts.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Re: Restart Tool

Jeff, thanks for the reply, I apologize we were not clear earlier. We are running nt 4.0 and we need to know how to set it up in the winAT tool.

Dave

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content