cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

restore ex55 database to ex2000

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

We'll upgrade unity2.46 (NT,ex55) to unity3.15(Win2000,ex2000). What's the best way(or recomemded) to restore exchange database? I am not sure whether Msbackup is able to restore ex55 to ex2000.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only easy way to get messages out of 55 to 2K en mass is using ExMerge which can handle this process for you. Use the one off the Exchange 2000 CD, it works with both 55 and 2K.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only easy way to get messages out of 55 to 2K en mass is using ExMerge which can handle this process for you. Use the one off the Exchange 2000 CD, it works with both 55 and 2K.

Thanks a lot.

I have another question which comes from the documentation of upgrade 2.4x to 3.1x. In the documentation it mentions if you detach the license key, the unity will stop taking call at midnight. I am just wondering why it is at midnight? Is there a way to control that?

I think that's just when the developer in question decided to have the check kick in... sometime shortly after midnight. No, there's no way to adjust it to a different time.

We are going to upgrade by setting a new server. If there is some problem for the server, can I reattach the key back to the 2.4x for backout? I understand the activation code is changed when set up the new server. What should I do if I need reattach it to 2.4x?