Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Restoring Deleted Messages in Unity

I have a question related to restoring delted messages. I am in the process of implementing Unity 4.0(3) voicemail only. I have Exchange 2000 configured to copy deleted message to the deleted items folder and I know there are two ways of recovering these messages if necessary.

One using an Outlook client but to do that I either have to give users access to the exchange server (which I don't want to do) or restore the messages for users myself by logging in as them (which I don't want to do either).

The other method being the Message Store Manager. Is there a way to restore individual messages using MSM or can you only restore message based on a day count? If not is it something that might be considered for future releases of the tools?

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Restoring Deleted Messages in Unity

The MSM doesn't list specific messages for users - I'm not real sure how a bulk tool like that would even go about that other than changing it to be an inbox viewer (i.e. like Outlook). I'd be hard pressed to come up with a UI for allowing users to provide identification for specific messages they want to restore without simply browsing to the inbox and having them pick the messages individually.

The easiest way to do this is to open Outlook with an account that has SA/RA rights on the mailstores (i.e. the account associated with the AvCsMgr service) and then you can open other mailboxes easily and restore specific messages.

In Unity 4.0(4) there will be access to the deleted items folder in it's entirety (i.e. browse all messages, permanantly delete some, restore some etc...) which will allow individual users to handle this on their own.

Re: Restoring Deleted Messages in Unity

Thanks Jeff! I thought that was going to be the case.

Views
Helpful
Replies