cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restoring the default settings

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,<br>CCM 3.1.3a, TSP 3.0.1.32, Unity 3.0.2, E2k 6.0 (build 4417.6) SP2. Is there any possibility using a setting (or some tools) to restore the default Unity configuration settings? (i.e. the vendor's)<br>Panagiotis<br><br>Panagiotis Liberopoulos<br>Intracom SA<br>Information & Open Systems dept.<br>+30 106674478<br>plib@intracom.gr<br>panagiotis_liberopoulos@hotmail.com

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

Which settings do you mean? Rebuild the opening greeting, operator call handler, routing rules etc...? You can use the ConfigMgr for that but the version prior to 3.1(3) is a little hairy to use. You have to manually select the specific database or script you want to apply one at a time to rebuild the default configuration objects and schedules and the like. The one shipping with 3.1(3) (released to manufacturing today) automates a bunch of this for you. This is the guy that's used by setup to do the inital configuration of all the objects, routing rules, schedules etc... some of this can be done by itself (i.e. you can apply new schedules easily but routing rules depend on the default objects being there already).

Can you tell me what it is you want to do (or more to the point, why) and maybe we can work from there.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

I mean all the default settings (default subscriber, default administrator, etc.)which has the system at the "ready to use" moment, i.e. when no subscribers, call handlers, CoSs, etc. are entered in the Unity application.

Panagiotis Liberopoulos
Intracom SA
Information & Open Systems dept.
+30 106674478
plib@intracom.gr
panagiotis_liberopoulos@hotmail.com

Not applicable

If you want the system back to a clean state like that (i.e. no subscribers) why not just uninstall and reinstall Unity?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: