Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Restricting number of calls across data network

I want to limit the number of calls between site A and site B. Site A and B are voice hub sites with calls coming from many sources on the IP network. Typically, this has been done by setting up a trunk group on the PBX for all calls A to B and limiting the number of trunks in the group.

With the trunk group option, I waste resources on the PBX and Cisco voice interfaces. I know RSVP is one option, but I'm not sure that running RSVP for just this purpose is a good idea. If I have let's say 3640s with digital voice interfaces and a WAN link in between, is there a way other than RSVP to limit the number of calls allowed onto the link or somehow via the dial-peers?

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 REPLY

Re: Restricting number of calls across data network

If you are running call manager you can setup your 3640 as a gatekeeper. I have never setup gatekeeper functionality without a call manager but it sounds doable. Take a look at the latest 12.1x code docs and search for "gatekeeper"

With a gatekeeper, you can limit the amount of calls placed across the WAN.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.