cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restricting User Manual Forwarding

aalejo
Level 5
Level 5

How can I restrict user manual forwarding destinations (Using "calling Search Space")?. For example, if the user is taking and want to forward this call, he can only forward the call the inside users.

7 Replies 7

tim.medley
Level 2
Level 2

You've got it. Use a Calling Search Space to limit where the user can forward their calls to.

You can create a CSS's for each Calling Class of Service that you want. Maybe Executives need to be able to forward their phones to long distance numbers, but regular users only need to forward their phones to local and internal numbers.

tm

Tim Medley, CCDP, CCNP

IPT Consultant

http://www.iptnetworkers.com

Hi Tim

Perhaps I did not express myself clearly.

I know how to restrict access using "calling search Spaces" on the line and on the phone and using CSS to restring access to "Forwall all, busy and no answers".

What I need to do is that the access of the line (controlled by the CSS of the line or the phone) and the forward permission (the manual forwarding permission) of the user be different.

Thanks for your help

Alex

Correct. As Tim stated. Go to the Directory Number Configuration of the phone. Then scroll down to where the Call Forward parameters are and there you will see that you have the ability to assign a different CSS for all, busy, and no answer. These can be different than the CSS assisgned to the phone/dn.

Hi

Forwall all CSS: is the CSS to restrict where the phone can be uncondional Forwarded.

Forward busy: is the CSS to restrict where the phone can be forwarded when it is busy

Forward no answer: is the CSS to restrict where the phone can be forwarded when nobody answer.

I can not restrict where the call can be forwarded manually by the phone user when he receive a call and want to forward that call.

That it is very important because when a call that comes in (from PSTN) and it is forwarded to PSTN (manually by the user) toll fraud is produced and disconexion problems if it is an FXO. And others problems to (E1 b-channels, etc).

When you say "when he receives a call and want to forward that call"

If a user is receiving a call, then he is not forwarding it. If you mean restricting where he can TRANSFER it, then you are limited to using the calling search space of the phone. There is no way that I know of to restrict the transfer css.

Yes, I mean transfer that call.

I need a phone line who have a CSS for transfer a call different than the CSS for making a call.

Currently there is no Transfer CSS. Please contact your Cisco Account Team to find out if this feature is being looked at and if not ask them to create a feature request. I can see where this would be desirable for many customers.

Kev

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: