Views
Helpful
Replies

Restricting users for international Calls after 9PM

mdavar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to restrict certain users to make International Calls after 9PM. Is it possible to use Time based access list ? But how exactly. Any other ideas ?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

Are you talking about with callmanager or some other voice product. I am not aware of a way with callmanager out of the box to do time based routing of calls. You can either allow a phone to call international or not. You may be able to use the CRA sweet of applications and write your own application. This may be very difficult the only reason I bring it up is a may be an option for you. I thought I might heard of time based call routing in callmanager down the road, but I can't remember if it has been committed yet.

Let me know if this helps,

-Mckee

Hi Mckee,

Yes I am talking about CallManager only. I think i'll have to wait till "time based call routing in callmanager". As I would not be able to write application for denying access.

Thanks

Hi, You could use extension mobility & calling search spaces until the long awaited feature comes out.

Paul

If you do it like that it only logs you out after a specified time. The administrator would have to go and log the phones in each morning then wait for the to log out at the end of the day. Not sure how you are planning on using this to accomplish this request. I really don't know what the responsibilites of the parties involved are for the company.

Thank you,

-Mckee

rkiamil
Level 1
Level 1

You could write some T-SQL, which would change the options on the phone after 9pm, then have an other T-SQL that would change it back.

Its not that hard to do. If you uses MS Profile, and chnage the settings in CM, u can see what is being changed in the DB.

R

I highly suggest against doing turning on things in SQL you are unfamilar about. We have seen people crash the callmanager because they turned on things in SQL they did not know about or thought they knew about. I would not make any updates to the SQL database directly. If you want to look at doing stuff with the callmanager data I suggest looking at the link below.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/570/avvid/voice_ip/axl_soap/axl_api_down.html

My $.02,

-Mckee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: