Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Retiring a Unity server and moving to a bigger box

I am planning to use the Call handler export.exe to save the subscribers, their greetings and the call handlers. For Import using option 3 in the import.exe utility(only update the greetings for exsiting call handlers. Dont create new....). These are the partial utilities that I downloaded from your Web. Any thing else I should know...Does it hurt to run the import utility twice with the same export file on a system using option 3. <br><br><br>Sean Poure<br>NEC-Voice Engineering<br>Sr. Systems Engineer<br>714 4846275<br>

Sean Poure
3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Retiring a Unity server and moving to a bigger box

Please read the help for the handler import utility carefully... it specifically says the utility will NOT export or import subscriber related information. It is ONLY for call handler data.

if you want to get subscriber information you need the full import and export utilities which are not available on my web page yet. I'm letting folks use them on a case by case basis until I'm comfortable with them for general use.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Jeff, how does one get on this 'beta' list? We are having multiple misc. issues with our box, the latest being the we cannot install MSExch SP4 (Just locks up). This box has been through Multiple patches and upgrades, and I see our only solution being to install 2.46 clean. Although we need to maintain all our data (Call handlers, msgs, etc.)

Is there such a thing as a 'step by step' on re-installing to a new box while maintaining all configs?

Any help with this is greatly appreciated!

jriley@infostream.ca

Anonymous
N/A

I think the Car Talk guys probably are on to something: If you want to be on the beta list, just write your name and address on the back of a $100 bill and mail it to...

Just email me at my Cisco address and we'll get you hooked up with the latest versions of the export and import tools and talk about procedures. The tools themselves are in pretty good shape at this point, I just want QA to do some real testing on them before I expose them to the world.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies