Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Retrieving quotes by using stock ticker XML app.

I refer to the IP phone services FAQ QB14 which is about using the CiscoURLProxy to retrieve quotes from quote.yahoo.com. The following is the complete Question and answer:

QB14. I'm trying to run the stock ticker XML app using the 7960 to retrieve quotes from quote.yahoo.com. However, the customer's access to the internet is login/password protected. So on the web server I login only once and am able to access the internet repeatedly but when I run the app on the web server or on the 7960 it cannot reach quote.yahoo.com. Anybody know what I can do to correct this?

Ans:The CiscoURLProxy supports proxy server authentication (Assuming that you are using the stock quote URL). All you should have to do is set the UserName and Password properties in the script before you call the GetURL method and it should work

Could somebody help me with how to set the Username & password properties, and what username & passwd that the user need to enter?

Currently, I actually getting the 'undefined' value for the quotes (without setting the username and passwd), what does it mean?

Thanks for any reply.

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Retrieving quotes by using stock ticker XML app.

This sounds like you should need Developer Support. Use the following URL to see how to get that support. http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/unco/ippps/prodlit/ipsdk_ds.htm

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content