Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

revert to DC directory

I need to revertg a cm back to DC directory, the guide I found on cisco says you need to enter the encrypted password for the DC directory, to get this you need to run passwordutils.exe, I can;t find this program on cm, does anyone know how to revert back to DC on CM version 4.1-3

Thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: revert to DC directory

Hi,

You will find the passwordutils.exe file in the following location on your CCM : c:\dcdsrvr\bin folder.

Was it that your CCM was integrated with AD before?

If yes, then a we need to change a couple of things. You will have to change the ldap port number to 8404 in the registry. If i remember correctly, the path is :

HLKM\software\cisco systems inc\directory configuration\

Then we need to change the directory type from ADS to default.

Encrypt the DC Directory password using the passwordutils.exe utility and put the encrypted password in DCDMGRPW and MGRPW in the registry.

We also need to change some parameters in the config file in the following location :

c:\dcdsrvr

In this file change the encrypted password to the one you got after using the passwordutils.exe tool and also change the directory type to default and the ldap port to 8404.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Suman

like I say the program

passwordutils.exe , is mot in this location

c:\dcdsrvr\bin folder

I can see

passwordutils.class

passwordutils.cmd

but no .exe

If you dont have PasswordUtils.exe mentioned by Suman u can tell us what password u wanted to use n we can encrypt it..........

Gaurav :)

Silver

There is an alternate tool to get encrypted passwords, named acenc.exe.

You can find this at C:\Program Files\Cisco\CallmanagerAttendant\bin\acenc.exe

Regards,

Anup

Views
Helpful
Replies