cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RightFax integration

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am replacing Nortel environment with CCM, they have RightFax integrated with the PBX, but the current staff knows nothing about it. Does anyone have any expereince, links to the integration of RightFax with CCM?

Chris

7 Replies 7

lnthompson
Level 1
Level 1

Email me if you get anything on this. We are replacing a Nortel System with Rightfax as well.

kevinmccarron
Level 1
Level 1

When you say that Rightfax is "integrated into the PBX, do you simply mean that the Rightfax server's PSTN connectivity is provided by the nortel switch?

Yes, the DIDs are provided by PBX via PRI line, and there are couple of analog connections between the RightFax server and the Nortel PBX.

Chris

So then all you'll need to do is recreate the analog connections between the nortel switch and the rightfax server (probably via FXS connections from a cisco voice gateway, figure out which DIDs point at the analog connections today and set that up via CTI route points on Call Manager, and you'll be done. Sounds pretty simple. You can confirm that if you can find out the model number of the fax card in the rightfax server and what type of connections (generally POTS, analog DID, or T1/PRI) it has.

Kevin

k_vishwesh
Level 1
Level 1

hi ,

Which call controll protocol will you use to integrate.

I have done recently one integration with CCM.Here is how it works.

Right Fax --- (E1/T1)VG---- CCM --- IP Phone

I used MGCP call controll protocol.Configure the CCM with voice gateway.Create an route pattern for the FAX number , route it over the E1 which is connected to RF.

Reply me for any further quries.!!

Vishwesh

Does anyone know how to setup the configuration on slide #6 from the attached powerpoint, which is how to configure SIP traffic on one NIC, and RTP on the brooktrout NIC (NOT the E1)

I am also using MGCP call control but was unable to get calls routed in or out of our RightFax server. Could you give me more details how you configured CCM gateway configuration and the board servers? Is there a way to also configure the amount of channels used between the VG and RF? We don't have enough license for a full T1.

I did a show isdn status and it looked good. But when I sent a fax, I got a special tone error.

Thanks!