cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

rightfax

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Jeff,<br> I have recently installed rightfax v 7.2 on the network. The gateway for exchange is working fine between Rightfax and exchange, but unity is not aware that a fax is there. It does not give notificiation in exchange thorugh Viewmail (should it?) nor does it light the phone. Do you have any suggestions?<br><br>

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

Faxes don't like the MWI, only voice mail messages do so that's expected behavior. VMO again only deals with voice mail, the fax package comes with a form extension for Outlook if you want to install it on the client machines in the case you don't want it to just show up as a TIF attachment to an email.

Are the faxes offered to you when you call in over the phone to check messages? If not, do you have the subscribers assigned to a Class of Service that allows fax mail features?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Thanks for the quick reply... I guess there was my confusion, I thought VMO would view the e-mail. I do have the calss of service set up properly.. so just to verify, unity will look for the ipm.note.rightfax.adv? if not how can I change that in the registry, I tried to look for earlier posts but no luck.

Not applicable

That's correct, we're just monitoring your inbox for the arrival of something with a message class that matches one in the list we consider a fax. You can find all the message classes we consider faxes by default in the registry at:

HKLM\Sofrware\Activevoice\MALex\1.0\Fax\FaxMessageClasses.

It'll be a long string of classes seperated by semicolons. Make sure you're class is in the list (you can add just your class and remove all the others if you want... this will help out filtering performance a bit). Just make sure that's the class for all inbound faxes you care about. A couple of fax packages actually use more than one class for some reason.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

DO I have to associate the user is saweb with the did number of the fax number, or is unity simply looking at an exchange state?