cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ring Down PLAR analog circuits

paul.alvarez
Level 4
Level 4

A trading company is planning to replace their Nortel phone system and currently have 8 Auto Ring Down Analog Circuits from various traders (Merrill, Smith Barney, Goldman Sachs, etc). I'm still waiting response from the techs of the trading companies they deal with but for the mean time, do you know what analog interface supports these typical analog ring down PLAR circuits ? Is it FXO or FXS? THanks!

5 Replies 5

jbond_c24
Level 1
Level 1

FXS.

Regards,

James

Thanks. I appreciate your help. I will order the FXS ports and test them out...

--Paul

I tried it on an FXS port (NM-HDA-4FXS) but I hear a "grounded" type of line. I can hear the other end ring and pickup (and converse) but very barely. It's overshadowed by the loud noise on the line...tried 2 lines from Goldman and First Boston.

The FXS did not work. As an experiment, I plugged in a POTS phone directly into the PLAR line from Telco and amazingly, I got ring and the trader on the remote end answered. This meant that I need to plug the telco line into an analog port that does not provide dial tone - this case FXO...It WORKED..from the phone, I press my PLAR programmed button and it rings the other end automatically...we still need to test today since the remote end did not have live traders after 6PM...will keep this thread posted...

I was able to successfully get it working with FXO ports on an NM-HDA + EM=HDA-4FXO on 3745 router with 12.3.4T IOS. I tried it on 2 LIVE Telco PLAR lines from First Boston and Morgan Stanley and worked perfectly. The other end answered and the conversation was loud and clear. They were also able to ring me back on my plar button and worked great...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: