cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ring on demand on CCM 3.3

jose_gomez
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CCM 3.3(4)and I want to know if it is possible to configure some kind of "policy" that makes a PSTN line ring on a specific phone or DN in a specific time besides the default operator, for example in the watchman phone at night, after working time.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jose,

CCM 4.1(3) has Time Periods and Schedules so you could configure this as such. CCM 3.3(4) doesn't. With that being said, and 4.1(3) isn't an option, you could use Unity or IPCC to achieve this function as well if you have them in your environment.

For Unity this would be achieved by routing the call to a Call Handler that has a Time schedule assigned to it. Open time (this would be configured in a schedule) for the Call Handler would have a Blank Greeting and transfer to itself after greeting. The Transfer section of the call handler would have the extension for the user you want to answer during business hours. Closed time(again configured in time schedule) would have a blank greeting and would transfer to a second call handler. The transfer section of this call handler would have an extension you want for after-hours. These call handlers could be cascaded further to even account for more than 2 endpoints if you like.

IPCC would have a similiar option but would all be scripting. As more people have Unity then IPCC then I wont detail out here but could if you like.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jose,

CCM 4.1(3) has Time Periods and Schedules so you could configure this as such. CCM 3.3(4) doesn't. With that being said, and 4.1(3) isn't an option, you could use Unity or IPCC to achieve this function as well if you have them in your environment.

For Unity this would be achieved by routing the call to a Call Handler that has a Time schedule assigned to it. Open time (this would be configured in a schedule) for the Call Handler would have a Blank Greeting and transfer to itself after greeting. The Transfer section of the call handler would have the extension for the user you want to answer during business hours. Closed time(again configured in time schedule) would have a blank greeting and would transfer to a second call handler. The transfer section of this call handler would have an extension you want for after-hours. These call handlers could be cascaded further to even account for more than 2 endpoints if you like.

IPCC would have a similiar option but would all be scripting. As more people have Unity then IPCC then I wont detail out here but could if you like.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Thank you, this is good.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: