cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ring tones on ip phones

carlostrapiello
Level 1
Level 1

How I can manage ring tones for my ip phones in Call Manager 4.1??.

I would like to know all possible configurations that you can say me for ring tones.

I don't where I can find information about it.

Thanks, Carlos.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunatelly, there is no way to restrict certain users from seeing these ring tones. It's a global paramter that applies to all devices.

Chris

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are 2 XML files in CCM that are resposible for this: RingList.xml, and distinctiveRingList.xml at C:\Program Files\Cisco\TFTPPath. The first one is for the primary line ring tones and the second one is for other lines. By modifyfing this xml files you can add/remove ring tone.

Check out www.ccmstuff.org for instructions and bunch of donwlodable ring tones.

Chris

Thanks for your answer but I get nothing.

I download a file .raw from the web that you said me and I edit ringlist.xml files adding this:

prueba

prueba.raw

and the new tone doesn't appear in my 7912 phone.

Can you help me?.

Thanks, Carlos.

Hi

Try restarting your TFTP service - it caches files at startup so your changes may not have taken effect.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for your answer and sorry for my ignorance but It is the first time that I work with call manager and tftp service and I don't know restart it. Can you say me how I can restart this service?.

Thanks, Carlos.

In addition to my question that I'd make before I would like to know if restarting tftp service the telephony of my enterprise will be down while the tftp service is restarting.

Thanks.

To restart the service go to servicibility page, from CallManager GUI go to applicatoin-> servicibility, then go to tools-> control center, and select the callmanager server, check the radio button and click restart. It will not affect the call processing.

Chris

Thanks, New ring tones that I'd added works.

But I was thinking about it and I don't want that other person have access to this new tones.

Is there any way to add these new tones only for my Cisco 7912 ip phone?. How?.

Thanks, Carlos.

Unfortunatelly, there is no way to restrict certain users from seeing these ring tones. It's a global paramter that applies to all devices.

Chris

Hi,

Thanks for the Info.But Unfortunately, my ring tones are not working.I have updated the Ringlist.XML file the the new .raw file.Restarted the CCM, but its still not working, Any one has any idea why? It says, Requested Ring File not available.

Thanks

Abhishek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: