Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Ring Tones Unavailable on CME

I have a CME 3.2 in a 3745 running 12.3.11-T8. It was upgraded from CME 3.1 over a month ago. All worked well until about a week ago when the ring files became unavailable. When you hit Settings> Ring Type, all you get is the default two Chirps and a message across the bottom of the screen that says: "ring tones unavailable."

I restarted the telephony service, didn't help. I unplugged and plugged back in a phone, didn't work. I replaced the ringlist.xml, still didn't work. I rebooted teh router, stilldidn't work. The ringlist and all the raw files are in the tftp server Config. Where can I go from here to troubleshoot this? Any ideas on what to look for? Thanks.

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Ring Tones Unavailable on CME

Hi d.anthony,

It sounds like everything has gone back to default. This is probably a dumb question but are all your .raw ringfiles on the router flash? If not you will need to do the following:

on the router config enter the following commands

tftp-server flash:RingList.xml

tftp-server flash:Ringtone.raw (for each ring)

The ringtone.raw is the name of each of the ringtones being used.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts........

Re: Ring Tones Unavailable on CME

Thanks for the responsse. Yes, the .raw files are on the flash and also in the tftp-server configs along with the ringlist.xml file. It has the same setup as 23 other CMEs on this network, but this one just stopped working.

Views
Helpful
Replies