Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Ring type problems

I have recently upgraded from 3.1.3a to 3.1.4b spc. After I did the upgrade I am having a problem with playing the different ring types on the 7940/60 phones. When I attempt to play another ring type the phone displays requesting ring file for about 30-45 seconds before it plays. I am using phone load 405 with these phones. I am not sure if this is a phone load problem or if there it is a tftp issue.

5 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Ring type problems

The times I've seen this, it's been right after an upgrade, but it seems to go away after a couple of days. It would be a phone load, so you might try a different one if the problem doesn't resolve itself.

Rick

The system sat for about 5 days and the problem did not go away, so I upgraded to the latest phone load and everything is working fine.

Thanks for your help.

I have this problem as well. Which phone load did you end up using?

I used 3-1-11 phone load and everything is working fine.

We ran into that too. The first time a user tried to play a ring other than the first two or three it would sit and download the ring. If I recall 205 was the load that did that. We had to change b/c the load prior would lock up if you tried playing a ring before the previous finished playing. We went to 209 and that solved both problems but be aware that loading to 209 from 205 is like a 10 or 15 minute software upgrade so do it at night! the only thing I've seen with 209 is the quality of the ring isn't as good (slight static) but goes mostly un-noticed... to think, now we're noticing quality issues on our custom ringers! where has technology taken us

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content