cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ring type problems

rschwendeman
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently upgraded from 3.1.3a to 3.1.4b spc. After I did the upgrade I am having a problem with playing the different ring types on the 7940/60 phones. When I attempt to play another ring type the phone displays requesting ring file for about 30-45 seconds before it plays. I am using phone load 405 with these phones. I am not sure if this is a phone load problem or if there it is a tftp issue.

5 Replies 5

rickb
Level 3
Level 3

The times I've seen this, it's been right after an upgrade, but it seems to go away after a couple of days. It would be a phone load, so you might try a different one if the problem doesn't resolve itself.

Rick

The system sat for about 5 days and the problem did not go away, so I upgraded to the latest phone load and everything is working fine.

Thanks for your help.

I have this problem as well. Which phone load did you end up using?

I used 3-1-11 phone load and everything is working fine.

We ran into that too. The first time a user tried to play a ring other than the first two or three it would sit and download the ring. If I recall 205 was the load that did that. We had to change b/c the load prior would lock up if you tried playing a ring before the previous finished playing. We went to 209 and that solved both problems but be aware that loading to 209 from 205 is like a 10 or 15 minute software upgrade so do it at night! the only thing I've seen with 209 is the quality of the ring isn't as good (slight static) but goes mostly un-noticed... to think, now we're noticing quality issues on our custom ringers! where has technology taken us