Views
Helpful
Replies

RingBack Problems with CCM 3.3(3) and H323 Gateway

jmujica
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I know that is another ringback problem but I already did a search on the forum and the possible suggestion are not working for me so it will be good to ask again to see if someone can help me.

I have an IOS H323 Gateway running 12.2(15)ZJ1 with an FXO connected to the PSTN. If a call comes from the PSTN it terminates on an IP Phone with the connection plar opx command. Then if the IP Phone User transfer the call to another ip phone without consult then the other ip phone start ringing but the PSTN user does not hear ringback..just silence.

Other problem that I am having is that when I also call from the PSTN and the IP Phone user transfer the call to another IP Phone and no one answer the call then the PSTN user hangs the call but the IP Phone keeps ringing forever..

I'm trying all the supervisory disconnect commands on the FXO port without any luck..

Any hints??

Thanks in advance,

-Jose

13 Replies 13

wathieuc
Level 1
Level 1

On your inbound (VOIP) dial peer placed the following command under them:

progress_ind setup enable 3

On your outbound dial peers use the following commands:

progress_ind setup enable 3

progress_ind alert enable 8

progress_ind progress enable 8

progress_ind connect enable 8

In global mode enter the following command:

voice rtp send-recv

That should cover all the bases.

Strike my reply....that is what I get for not reading the entire post. My reply would assist for ringback problems on a t1/pri.

Check this out and try the IOS version reccomended for the version of callmanager that you are using:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/ccmcomp.htm

Hi,

I check the URL but I can't find and IOS listed there that works with my customer because he need backup features that are on SRST 3.0 that is why I'm using 12.2(15)ZJ1 on a 1760 router. For the RingBack problem I found a possible solution on CCO that was posted in this same thread but it doesn't work for me. It says to change the ToSendH225UserInfoMsg to True. On CCM 3.3 there is no True or False but I choose some of the available options without any luck. I'm not sure if after a change I need to restar the CCM service or not. So I didn't restart the service and/or the server but the problem remains the same. PSTN user on FXO port does not hear ringback after beein transfer from an IP Phone to another place.

TIA,

-Jose

I encountered the same problem. Here is the fix I found:

The fix is documented on pg 309 of the Cisco Press book - Troubleshooting IP Telephony.

By setting "Send H225 User Info Message" to "User Info for Ring Back Tone" will send a message to the gateway via h.323 to play ringback tone.

This can be verified by "debug vtsp tone" on the gateway. You shoudl see:

act_gen_tone: The Ring Back generated in direction Network

I am running CM 3.3.3 SR1 and IOS 12.2(15)ZJ2. I implemented the above fix (without restarting CM) and the "debug vtsp tone" does not output anything. Either it requires a CM restart or there is a bug in 3.3.3 or 12.2(15)ZJ2. If a restart tonight doesn't work I'll throw this to TAC.

I also found the same "fix" but it is not working for me either. I'm having the same IOS as you are and CCM 3.3.3 without the SR1.

I tried restarting CCM and also the gateway but the results are the same.. No ringback to PSTN user. Please let me know if you open the TAC case because I'm planning to open a case with the TAC as well....

Thanks for your input...

-Jose

Do you actually get a ringback, though?

Make sure that you have done term mon and that console logging is enabled on the gateway, otherwise you won't see the debug outputs.

Calls come into the 2651 gateway via 4 port FXO and is then plar to unity autoattendant. I get:

act_gen_tone: The Ring Back generated in direction Network

when the call is trasfered to unity from CM however when unity transfers the call to an IP phone there is no act_gen_tone message.

I also tested the same call via another h.323 gateway that is running 12.2(15)T5 and a PRI. Ringback comes through fine but no act_gen_tone message either.

Differences between the two boxes is FXO vs PRI & the IOS.

I had this issue when h.323 faststart for incoming calls was enabled on the call manager, turn that off and it worked. TAC raised a bug on it, CSCeb02590.

The ring-back problem has been identified in CSCdx95698/CSCeb67676. The software fix for this problem is available in IOS 12.2(15)ZJ3 release which is schedule to be published on 9/29.

Thanks for the info Kevin. I'll wait for the "fix" and hopefully some of my problems can "go" away..

I'll let you know if the fix works in my 1760 router.

Thanks,

-Jose

Ok ... I got 12.2(15)ZJ3 and now the ringback problem is gone.. thanks God.

But I'm still having the other problem...

When an incoming call is received through an FXO port on the router and the connection plar opx kicks in.. the IP Phone answer the phone and initiate the transfer.... PSTN user hears ringback (*smile*) but if the other user doesn't answer the transfer and the PSTN user hang up the phone... then the transfer call stays active forever... i.e. IP Phone rings for ever and the fxo remains active forever...

Under FXO port I got the commands:

timeouts interdigit 2

timeouts call-disconnect 2

supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call

But none of them seems to be working with this specific scenario...

Any ideas??

TIA,

-Jose

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: