Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ringing external ringer simultaneously w/ CME SCCP phones

I'm looking for a way to ring an external ringer simultaneously with multiple IP phones. Currently these phones configured with overlay of all instances of extension 9944. I don't think the customer would accept ringing the ringer and then CFNA to phones or any other linear/sequential setup.

As I see it using a hunt group will not help since they can only be sequential, peer, or longest-idle. My customer didn't accept any of these setups I've done for them so I resorted to overlaying multiple instances of the main number to the IP phones. This was acceptable but now the external ringer has been introduced to the equation.

I don't yet know if I'll be using an FXS card or an ATA for the ringer. Most likely it will be an FXS card though.

2 REPLIES

Re: ringing external ringer simultaneously w/ CME SCCP phones

We have have multiple sites with ATAs that interface to either a relay that triggers an existing bell or ringer or to a Wheelock ringer/strobe. These work pretty well and are are cheap and easy to install/setup. We have the ATA run off the 7940 switchport and then wired out to the ringer device.

Re: ringing external ringer simultaneously w/ CME SCCP phones

My overlays on my ATA are working fine...I guess I didn't expect the ATA to be able to overlay.

Not sure I understand where the 7940 comes into the equation in your comment. Of course IP phones can hand off network connectivity to PCs...are you saying you have a setup like:

switch --> 7940 --> ATA

with a working 7940 and a working ATA?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content