cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ringing multiple phones

nkariyawasam
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to ring an incoming call on a group of phones simultaneously ?

Then whoever pick the phone can answer the call.

All these extensions should have its own extension numbers.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Nalaka,

Like Gonz indicated Shared Lines are a good way to go and can be used in conjunction with Private Extensions. For Example:

7940 Phone

Line 1 = Private Extension #

Line 2 = Shared Line #

Please note that "Missed Calls" information for the Shared Line will be shown on all phones with the Shared Line appearance.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate all helpful posts...

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

Yes you can use Shared Lines, or Line Groups using Broadcast Algorithm (CCM 4.X and above)

Hi,

Can I have shared line as the second line for multiple phones while each phone having its own extension ?

But do Shared lines also ring in Jabber? It's not working on our system. The personal lines ring on Jabber but the Shared lines (visible in the Jabber client) do not.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Nalaka,

Like Gonz indicated Shared Lines are a good way to go and can be used in conjunction with Private Extensions. For Example:

7940 Phone

Line 1 = Private Extension #

Line 2 = Shared Line #

Please note that "Missed Calls" information for the Shared Line will be shown on all phones with the Shared Line appearance.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate all helpful posts...

Hi Rob,

I have nearly same request than Nalaka, except that I'd like to have a call placed to an external number on a H323 trunk at the same time the internal phone is ringing.

Could you give a clue on how to do that with a CCM4.x ?

Best regards,

Stephan

Hi Stephan,

If I understand your question correctly, you want to ring an IP phone and remote line at the same time?

That is a little tougher. The only way I know how to do this would be to use Cisco Unified Mobility Manager. Have a read;

Cisco Unified MobilityManager offers the following features:

• Simultaneous desktop ringing-Incoming calls ring simultaneously on the user's IP desktop phone and mobile phone or phones (up to 4). As soon as the user answers one phone, the unanswered phones automatically stop ringing. The user can choose the preferred phone to answer each time a call comes in.

Cisco Unified CallManager Compatibility --- Cisco Unified CallManager 4.0(2a) and later

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6567/products_data_sheet0900aecd80410f2d.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.........

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: