Views
Helpful
Replies

Risport Service: The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway

Mike-1985
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All.

I am using the CUCM (System version: 6.1.3.2000-1) Risport function to get device information.

When trying to connect to the service (https://<CUCM_IP>:8443/realtimeservice/services/RisPort) I receive the folowing error:

The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway

When entering the same URL into the browser on the same application server I get a Security Alert, user prompt and eventually the expected screen. So the service is running, but somhow I can not connect to it using the application.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Do you use any proxies (could be transparent, too)? Proxies can give you a lot of grief especially if you're not aware of them... .NET automatically uses your IE's proxy configuration.. there's no equivalent for other programming languages and browsers though. E.g. if you're using Java, you have to configure java to use the proxy (and provide credentials if required).

It is an C#.NET Windows Service.

I have solved "the problem". The service was running with "local system account". That user did not had the right proxy rights to connect to the CUCM service.

So I changed the Windows Service user to the account that I use to login on that machine (with the right proxy rights) and now it is working ;-)

I figured this out because when I logged into that machine, with my account, I could connect to the CUCM service without any problems with my browser.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: