cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Roadmap Fax Support

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

What is the roadmap to support Fax directly within Unity and CM and when is it committet as a feature?<br>Need this for a customer evaluation.<br><br>Thx!<br>Regards<br>Patrick<br><br>

2 Replies 2

Anil Verma
Level 5
Level 5

This is not a commited feature for any of the exisitng Unity development. It is not on the roadmap in the near future either.

For now, the third party FAX solution is the one to go with.

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

Not applicable

If it makes you feel better, however, I am in contact with the IOS folks trying to get them to make a few changes that will make this possible for inbound faxes at least. Currently there's some painful limitations with what you can do with a fax on the router (i.e. it can't switch between a voice channel to fax... it has to know it's a fax that hits the port, getting the DID information into the body/subject of the resulting email isn't flying, it assumes it needs to be stuffed into the SMTP address itself etc...).

If they can help us out, we'll pursue all IP fax routing for at least the inbound portion. Can't say if/when that will happen but be aware it is on my radar at all times. Outbound is a little trickier nut to crack, unfortunately, so that would probably have to roll in later.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: