Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Roaming softphone profile? Is it possible?

Hi all,

I got a project where the customer wants a roaming softphone profile. They are basing this on their existing roaming Windows profiles. I know softphones were meant for laptops, but this customer really like the softphone period. So when a user logs onto a public workstation, he expects that user to get the assoicated softphone profile.

Is this possible? How would I do it?

Thanks,

Vaughn

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Roaming softphone profile? Is it possible?

As far as i know, this is not a feature supported yet on the softphone. You must contact your Cisco account manager and put up a case for this if you really need this feature.

Re: Roaming softphone profile? Is it possible?

Vaughn,

I doubt you'll get this to work but you really need a Microsoft expert to answer your question because it comes down to the install of TAPI.

Softphone uses the Cisco TSP that gets installed as part of the installation process to log into Call Manager. This is then associated with the CTI ports. The problem you want to resolve is how can an individuals account on a domain change the TAPI log-in credentials. I think because of the way TAPI is seen as almost a device driver you are not going to achieve this.

Like I say try asking a Very focused Microsoft support person if this is possible.

Paul

Views
Helpful
Replies