Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Route Filter question

Have a couple of doubts on Route Filters. (NANP)

LOCAL-DIRECT-DIAL

-----------------

CM help says,

"This one-digit code identifies a direct-dialed local call. NANP calls use 1 for this code. "

When I test this RF through a 9.@ route pattern, this is what happens.

a. Dial a 9, 1 and a 7 digit number, the pattern gets matched and is routed ot the gateway/ RL. The format for the number should be 9-1-XXX-ABCD. XXX is OFFICE CODE and ABCD is SUBSCRIBER CODE.

Getting back to my original question, is a "Direct-dialed local call" as per the description in CM help, indicate a 7 digit local call ?

OFFICE-CODE

-----------

CM Help says,

"This tag designates the first three digits of a seven-digit directory number in the form [2-9]XX"

When I test this RF with a 9.@ pattern, I am able to match both a 10 digit as well as 7 digit number.

SUBSCRIBER

==========

CM Help says "This tag specifies the last four digits of a seven-digit directory number in the form XXXX.

When I test this, I am able to match both a 7 or 10 digit number.

I am trying to understand the disparity between CM Help/ System guide versus what is really matched in practice.

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Route Filter question

check out this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800949f0.shtml#appa

Local-Direct-Dial: it requires a 1 so instead of local dialing 9-xxx-xxxx, you would need 91-xxx-xxxx. This assumes some areas on U.S requires the 1.

OFFICE-CODE: this is the the NPA or Prefix so if

91-415-555-1212 or 9-555-1212. It is always the 555 that Office code is referring to, not the 415 in a 10 digit dialing

SUBSCRIBER: same example as OFFICE-CODE, but it refers to 1212

what do you think?

Anthony,

Thank you for your feedback.

The link clearly describes that LOCAL-DIRECT-DIAL is the code used for 7 digit calls. CM help page seems to be vague. My question was geared towards whether "direct-dialed local call" means 7 digit dialing.

I clearly understand that its NPA and the last four digits that are being matched when you specify OFFICE_CODE and SUBSCRIBER. CM help describes that OFFICE CODE and SUBSCRIBER matches 555 and 1212 respectively (in your example) in a 7 digit directory number. Should it not have been 7 digit or 10 digit directory number?

Sankar.

Bronze

Don't you just hate these semantics!!

The way I read it both your link and mines state local which implies 7 digit

In fact, both links seem to clarify 10 digit local explicitly. For instance, LOCAL-AREA-CODE is defined as 10 digit local while LOCAL-OPERATOR

is stated as local call which again implicitly assumes 7 digits

I guess with Local-direct-dial some areas in the country require a 1+7digit rather than a no 1.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content