Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Route-group digit manipulation shows in phone display

Hi all.

I have a CCM 4.1 with a PRI PSTN link. This PRI was plugged into a GW VG200 with IOS 12.2(10b). I changed this PRI from that GW to a new one, a 2811 with IOS 12.4(4)XC2. I need that release due to integrating voice and data calls in the same PRI. But the issue is more simple and strange.

This PRI need some digit manipulation to send the dialed number in a right way to provider. This changes are configured into route group. When I changed PRI from VG200 to 2811, I changed route group and the GW information, but with the same configuration for digit manipulation. Dial peers on 2811 router are the same that was in VG200.

The problem is that in 2811, digit manipulation reflects on phone display, while in VG200 not. This manipulation maight not appear on phone display, as it was with the PRI plugged to the VG200. I reviewed all configuration and are the same for VG200 and for 2811, but with 2811 dialed digit transformation shows on phone display while with VG200 not.

Anybody knows why this digit manipulation populates to phone screen and how avoid it?

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES

Re: Route-group digit manipulation shows in phone display

Carlos,

Can you give some more information on the setup? Are these H323 or MGCP controlled gateways? Where are you doing the digit transforms (dial-peer, translation-rule, CCM Gateway page, CCM Route List, CCM Rotue Pattern)?

Sorry noticed afer posting the heading is route-group. If you could though, still clarify the end-to-end configuration.

Thanks

Fred

Fred, thank you for anwsering.

All gateways are H323.

I will try to explain the setup. The PRI is a voice link against mobile telephopny provider. Through that link we pass nine-digit mobile numbers and corporate mobile extensions, five digits long. Both starts with "6".

When a user dials a nine-digit mobile number, route group adds "999" at the beginning before passing the number to the GW. At GW dial-peer, we match this "999" and route tha call through that PRI. When the user dials a 6-digits corporate mobile extension, the route group adds "5371". Call arrives at GW and match a dial-peer which removes the beginning "5" before routing the call through PRI. This "5" is added to distiguish between incoming and outgoing calls in dial-peers.

Is important to notice that, in second case, the digit manipulation that appears on phone screen is "5371xxxxx".

Hope this helps you to help us.

Thank you very much.

Carlos,

Thanks for the explanation. 1st thing that comes to my head is the digit manipulation on the gateway, since that is what has changed. How are you removing the 5 (forward-digits, translation profile, voice translation profile). I guess what I'm getting at is you said the configuration hasn't changed (only the routers) but they act different on the two platforms. I would look at the command you are using to do the digit stripping and start there.

I can't think of anything on the CCM side that would make this different.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

How is the route-pattern configured that the calls route through?

Can you give us a sample of what user actually dials, then what is displayed?

Hi all.

We have two route-patterns: 6xxxx for corporate extensions and 6xxxxxxxx for normal numbers. Route-pattern links to a route list "Moviles" (other configurations are by default). This route list contains a route-group that points to the same gateway, but peforms different digit manipulation for each route-pattern.

For the first one, when user dial 6xxxx, add "371" to calling number and "5371" to called number; the phone shows only 6xxxx and, when calling tone sounds, the display changes and shows "53716xxxx".

For the second one, when user dial 6xxxxxxxx, add add "371" to calling number and "999" to called number; the phone shows only 6xxxxxxxx and, when calling tone sounds, the display changes and shows "9996xxxxxxxx".

Digit transformation for calling number is a requirement from PRI line provider.

What I consider very strange is, why does a route-list digit transformation show in phone display? In theory, only translation-patterns manipulations are deployed to phone screen. and also, Why does this happen before changing the gateway?

Thank you very much to all people helping us with this strange issue.

Hello all:

I'm very sorry, but this issue is still active.

I don't know where more can I look for.

Anybody has an idea,please?

Thanks in advance.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content