Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

route list and route group

If in route list I have two route group, RG1 and RG2. Each has one PRI router. If the first router's PRI are busy, will the call auto re-route to second router in the RG2? My case is we use RG1 for tollbypass and if RG1 busy , call should go local GW RG2, but it didn't go that way. Any suggestion?Thanks

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: route list and route group

Have you tried sending call out directly through RG2? Add a new Test-RL, and only add RG2 to Test-RL. Make a copy of the problematic route pattern and make it specific to dial your cell phone. Add the Test-RL.

I wonder if the dialed digits may not be acceptable -I mean maybe you are not dialing the correct digits out the RG2. I had experience that one provider requires 1-800-xxx-xxxx but the second provider only took 800-xxx-xxxx.

Hi,

As I understand it your first gateway is reporting "busy" so at the moment the routing is stopping and it's not trying the second gateway.

Go to Service Parameters --> CallManager and find the field "Stop Routing on User Busy Flag" - This might be set to true, set it to false so it continues to route to RG2.

Let me know if it helps.

Cheers,

Stu

Thanks. It's true now. I'll try and let you guys know the result. The other reason I am thinking is because the first GW uses H323 and second uses MGCP.I'll test with MGCP for both GW after I have IOS upgraded.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content