Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route-List not using 2nd Route-Group when PRI cable is removed from H323 gw

CCM 4.1.3sr3b

Router - 2811 - 12.4.4T2

1 site with 2 gateways, gw1 and gw2

RL has both gateways as RG's.

If gw1 has its PRI cable removed, CCM RL will not pass call into gw2 - Not working.

If gw1 is turned of/Ethernet removed RL will wait the h323 timeout before passing call to gw2 - Working OK.

Is this how H323 works if the PRI is down ?

I know MGCP would work but is not an option.

I would have thought that the H323 gw1 would report that there are no resources available in the cause code and the CCM when then use the second choice in the RL.

Now, this is a service parameter "Stop Routing on User Busy Flag*" which is set to true, but this only relates to intercluster trunks.

I've tried playing with the few voice hunt command on the router with no luck.

Any advice or pointers.

Thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: Route-List not using 2nd Route-Group when PRI cable is remov

We had the same problem. In service-parameters, there is a parameter "Stop routing on unallocated number", which is true by default. Set it to false and in our case everything was working.

Yes, saw this next to the user busy flag, but the help says this about "Stop routing on unallocated number"

"This parameter determines routing behavior for intercluster trunk calls to an unalloc ted number. An unallocated number represents a dialed directory number that does not exist in a Cisco cluster. Valid values specify True or False. When the parameter is set to True and a call that is being routed to a remote Cisco cluster through a route list is released by a remote Cisco CallManager because of the unallocated number, a local Cisco CallManager will stop routing the call to a next device in the route list. When the parameter is set to False, the local Cisco CallManager will route the call to the next device."

Again, it talks about intercluster links, I will try on Monday.

Thanks

Hi

Try following config on the Gateway(global config mode):

no dial-peer outbound status-check pots

Albert

Thanks guys, both options worked but the using the command on the router causes the call to bounce between the gateways for a while.

went for the callmanager service parameter change.

Funny thing is that running ccm3.3.4 with gateway IOS 12.3 and don't have this problem. CCM is set to true and works.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content