aamercado
Level 4
Level 4

HI

CM4.1.2 and GW are 12.4.3 doing some testing. I have:

H323GW=H323RG

MGCPGW=MGCPRG

which is associated to a RL in the order above. Here's my testing:

1. Pulled out Ethernet cable or do a shut on Gig port, call will route to MGCP GW

2. Reattach cable or "no sh" on port and pull out PRI cable, call doesn't go to MGCP GW. Reattach PRI cable and did a shut on PRI voice-port and call still doesn't go to MGCP GW

Is this working as design for #2?

TIA

5 Replies 5

michael_davis
Level 4
Level 4

If I understand correctly, in #2, either the PRI port is shut or disconnected during your test, and at no time is the pri up while the gateway is registered?

If this is the case, then yes, this is behaving as expected. Remember, with MGCP, the PRI Q.931 traffic is being backhauled to Callmanager. So if the PRI is down, CCM can't use that port, and the gateway will effectively be down.

Is there a workaround for this?

Thx

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding.

Why would you want to route a call to a gateway whose PSTN interface is down?

If the H323 PRI is down in which I stimulate by either doing a shut or detaching the PRI cable, I want CM to route the call to the MGCP which it fails.

To resummarize, when I pull out the ethernet cable from the H323 GW (or do a shut on the intf), the call does successfully go to the MGCP GW

My apologies - that makes much more sense.

So the answer to your first question is that if the h323 gateway is down, the call should go to the mgcp.

The thing I see most often broken with with a single route pattern, pointing to a route-list that contains both h323 and mgcp gateways, is incorrect digit manipulation.

For example, for a pattern like 9.[2-9]xx[2-9]xxx, you would want to strip the 9 pre-dot before giving it to the the mgcp gateway, but you might not want to strip it before giving the call to the h323 gateway if the matching outbound dial-peer is 9......

Is it possible that this is the problem in your test?