Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

route pattern 9.00@ or 9.00X!

What are the major differences between 9.00@ and 9.00X! ? Thanks.

5 REPLIES

Re: route pattern 9.00@ or 9.00X!

The @ wildcard does not represent any paticular set of matching characters. The @ wildcard causes CCM to add the set of national route patterns for the numbering plan you specify in the Numbering Plan field on the Route Pattern or Translation Pattern configuration pages.

The X will match one digit from [0-9]

The ! matches one or more occurrences of any digit in the range of 0 to 9. This wildcard is quivalent to the range expression [0-9]+

I'm not sure if it's possible to use the 9.00@ I have never seen that, normally is used 9.@

We were told to use 9.00@ for international dialing from London UK. Believe 9.00X! should be used in this case to avoid any confusion in CCM. Is that the case? Thanks.

00 is definitely for international dialing in the UK

Refer to this link to understand UKNP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_telephone_numbering_plan

I would rather do this.

* First try to have an understanding of UKNP

* Install International Dial plan

* Use 9.@ with route filters to specifically match 9.00.... and route the call out a route list for international calls.

* Make sure you always choose UKNP from the numbering plan drop down list on each 9.@ route-pattern

Using route filters provide a cleaner routing table.

HTH

Sankar

PS: Please remember to rate posts!

Thanks. I agree with you. Try to understanding more of UKNP. However, do you think 9.00X! would work in this case as a quick and dirty solution? Thanks again.

I am not sure why you were told to put an X there.

You should be fine with just using

9.00! with predot.

9.00!# with predot trailing# (to avoid interdigit timeout)

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Views
Helpful
Replies