Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Route Pattern complete

Hi experts,

I have question regarding Route Plan - Route Pattern. We have variable numbering plan and problem is interdigit timeout T302. If its short - lets say less then 5 seconds, customer has to hurry up to dial - otherwise he will wait to long after dialing the last digit. What we have done is to make route pattern with # at the end (for example we use pattern 0664! and 0664!#), so user is able to dial # after the last digit. This is working fine but it makes everything complex (and it´s much more work - and also a new source of error!

Is there any other solution to handle this?

Thanks a lot

Klaus

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Route Pattern complete

Not really, I would definitely talk the customer into increasing the T302 timer, i think 10 secods (15 is default) is appropriate.

Chris

other thing that you can do is play with route filters that can shorten the time to filter exact route pattern match...

let me know if that helps

hello

I had a simillar situation look what I have done:

if you have a certain PSTN numbering that you know it will be a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 10, users trying to dail number in this range will have to press # if they dial less than 10 digits and if they dail an exact 10 digit number they will get routed directly here is what accompkish this

9.xxxx!# (urgent priority is not enabled)

9.xxxxxxxxxx (urgent priority is enabled)

try it and let me know the results

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content