cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Pattern issue

j_scheffler
Level 1
Level 1

Our system requires a '9' to dial an outside line. As such, I have a route pattern 9.@ setup to direct these calls out a PRI gateway. I have found that I am unable to dial local numbers now that begin with a '9'. When I dial 9,9021234 the only digits that make it to the gateway are 021234.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dweiner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you using a separate route pattern for the local calls and an H323 gateway? If so, check that you are not discarding "PreDot".

Also check the gateway if H.323 - make sure you are not stripping the second 9 there on a second dial-peer. If you are not using analog phones off the gateway router, you actually only need a single pots dial-peer in the H.323 gateway -

dial-peer voice 9 pots

destination-pattern 9

progress_ind alert enable 8

progress_ind progress enable 8

progress_ind connect enable 8

direct-inward-dial

port ?/?:?

With this dial-peer, and H323, just make sure you are sending the "9" and not stripping it in CallManager.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dweiner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you using a separate route pattern for the local calls and an H323 gateway? If so, check that you are not discarding "PreDot".

Also check the gateway if H.323 - make sure you are not stripping the second 9 there on a second dial-peer. If you are not using analog phones off the gateway router, you actually only need a single pots dial-peer in the H.323 gateway -

dial-peer voice 9 pots

destination-pattern 9

progress_ind alert enable 8

progress_ind progress enable 8

progress_ind connect enable 8

direct-inward-dial

port ?/?:?

With this dial-peer, and H323, just make sure you are sending the "9" and not stripping it in CallManager.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: