Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Route Pattern Question

Setup: CM 3.2.1 - 2 Servers

500+ IP phones (7910, 7940, and 7960)

Question: Is it possible to setup a route pattern to only allow calls to internal extensions and prevent a phone (s) from dialing an outside line?

I created a route pattern of, our extensions start at 4000-4999, 4XXX. I also created a partition titled "Internal ". My Calling Search Space is titled "Internal Calls Only" and the only partition in the CSS is the "Internal" partition. My Route Filter has been created titled Internal Calls. Area Code = Does Not Exist. Country Code = Does Not Exist. My Route pattern has the correct partition I created and also the correct Route Filter.

Currently, there are no partitions setup on our phone system. It's a wide open system. I don't believe this would be a problem but you never know. I have tried the above method and I still can dial an outside line. I have read 2 URLS:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/part_css_tn.html

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_0/admin_gd/3_0_5/p3rtfilt.htm

and would like some new suggetions on how to get this to work.

Thank you for your time and have a good day.

-G

1 REPLY

Re: Route Pattern Question

The easiest way to do this is to make route patterns for all types of numbers, mobile numbers, local, national, international, internal etc and put each pattern in a separate partition. You then assign Calling Search Spaces for each type of restriction you want. I.e a CSS for internal calls only. Within this CSS only allow the internal partition. On the line of the phone in question go to the CSS configuration and select the appropriate CSS. This will ensure that the IP phone can only dial internal numbers.

Regards

Mike

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content