cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Pattern Updates result in all calls being dropped at the gateway

tracey.marshall
Level 1
Level 1

I have a very simple configuration. A single call manager (version 3.2(2c)spH) and a single pstn gateway (cisco 2621, version 12.2(11)T8). When I add/delete/amend route patterns, all calls are dropped at the gateway. Normally, I would expect to see a warning message if the change was going to drop calls but I don't, so I suspect that something is not quite right. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Tracey

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

robrhodes
Level 3
Level 3

Do you have Route Lists / Route Groups set up or do you point Route Patterns directly to the gateway?

If you have the Route Patterns pointed directly to the gateway, as opposed to a Route List, then any change to a route pattern will reinitialize the connection to the gateway and drop all active calls.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

robrhodes
Level 3
Level 3

Do you have Route Lists / Route Groups set up or do you point Route Patterns directly to the gateway?

If you have the Route Patterns pointed directly to the gateway, as opposed to a Route List, then any change to a route pattern will reinitialize the connection to the gateway and drop all active calls.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: