Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Route Patterne

Hello experts,

I have the following Route Pattern for 18XX numbers: 91.8XX[2-9]XXXXXX

When I dial a 1800 number it works but not any other such as 1866, 1877 etc. I just don't get it. Why it works for 1800 numbers and not for the other ones. Could you please let me know if I am missing anything here?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Route Patterne

Not sure why you have the Dot after 91 and how your stripping occurs, but normally your route pattern is 9.1 and then you use PreDot strip at the route pattern or route list, unless it's an H.323 GW and you have pots dial-peer such as

dial-peer voice 9 pots

destination-pattern 9T (or 9...........)

port x/x:23

Either way what error are you getting? Can you post CCM trace log?

Chris

Re: Route Patterne

Bahman,

What type of gateway is this ? MGCP or H323 gateway ? Are you having a PRI (T1/E1) ? If yes can you get a debug isdn q931 output of a failed 1866/1877 call ?

I would also check if the 1877/1866 numbers you are dialing are valid numbers. Try calling them from a cell phone and see if it works.

Like Chris suggested, your pattern should be 9.18XX format so that either you do predot digit strip for Mgcp gateway or no digit strip for h323 gateway.

HTH

Sankar.

PS: please rate all posts!

Views
Helpful
Replies